The electronic version of my classroom.
Technology will never replace human interaction.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
MS Junk Food Collage project
Project: Junk Food Collage
Materials: oil pastels, paper, pencil, and eraser
Answer the following questions.
1. In your own words how do you define junk food?
2. Why do you think the term junk food is used?
3. What are your favorite junk foods?
4. What is the appeal of junk food to consumers?
5. What do you think are some of the negatives of junk food consumption?
6. If someone made the statement that “Junk food is NOT eco friendly” what do you think the person means by that?
Decide what your favorite junk food is by creating a list.
Research images of your favorite junk food- not just the packaging, but
the "food" itself, note the colors, texture, the feel, look at it close
up, etc. Once you have done this, make a sketch(s) using paper and
pencil by collaging all your junk food together to form a composition.
The numbers of ways you can approach this infinite. See example below. Images are borrowed form the usual suspects: Google, Pinterest, etc.
Part 3: Below are the way artists have interpreted junk food.Look at the examples to inspire your creative idea.
Part 3: Once your draft is approved, you will begin your large project.
1. Redraw your draft on large paper (you can make changes and adjustments)
2. Use oil pastels to add color. You are to mix 2 or more colors together and also show evidence of blending. (This was why we made 42 color swatches prior to introducing the project).